Press "Enter" to skip to content

UK Visa Types

The UK has many visa types and your purpose of travel determines which visa type to apply for.

Types of UK Visas

Standard Visitor visa

Standard Visitor visa is for persons visiting the UK for up to a period of 6 months for a holiday, visit family and friends, for a business trip or meeting, or to do a short course of study. You cannot work with a visitor’s visa.

Marriage Visitor visa

If you want to visit the UK to get married or register a civil partnership, you need a Marriage Visitor visa.

Transit Visa

Transit Visa is for persons travelling through the UK on their way to another country.

Studying (Short term)

A Standard Visitor visa lets you do a short course of study that lasts no longer than 6 months.

A Short-term study visa lets you come to the UK to study an English language course that is over 6 months and up to 11 months.

This is a Visitor’s visa and you cannot work with it.

Studying (Long Term)

A Student visa is needed for a longer course. You have to be sponsored by a licensed college or university. This visa allows you to do some work.

A Child Student visa is for 4 to 17-year-olds who want to study at an independent school. If you’re 16 or over, you can do some work on this visa.

Work Visa

Work Visa allows you to work on a short or long-term basis with a work visa. There are many types of work visa and the type that applies to you depends on your skills and qualifications, job offer and sponsorship, if you want to bring your family with you, or what you will be doing, example sporting, charitable or religious work.

Investor visa

Investor visa allows you to come to the UK as an investor. You can set up a business with a Start-up visa or an Innovator visa.


Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *